We are so lucky in Pasadena and Altadena to have access to many great hiking trails suitable for all levels.
Here are some of our favorites!
- Eaton Canyon Falls – Pasadena, 3.5 mile round trip trail with a waterfall, waist-deep water at the base that some hikers in bathing suits will take advantage of on a warm day.
- Echo Mountain – San Gabriel Mountains above Pasadena. Echo Mountain via Sam Merrill Trail is a 5.4 mile heavily trafficked roundtrip that features a river, nice views and is rated as moderate.
- Henniger Flats Trail – A 5.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pasadena that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. Located in the San Gabriel Mountains in the Angeles National Forest.
- Rubio Canyon – near Altadena features a waterfall and is rated as moderate.
- Arroyo Seco Trail – 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pasadena
- El Prieto Trail – Brown Mountain/El Prieto Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altadena, that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate.
Check our All Trails there are great maps and information on hiking trails throughout the USA not just Southern California.
Hiking outdoors in Southern California is not just great for nice views, fresh air, and the sounds and smells of nature – it’s also so healthy for body, mind, and spirit!
Hiking is a powerful cardio workout that can:
- lower your risk of heart disease
- improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- build strength in your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, abs, and the muscles in your hips and lower legs
- improve your balance
- control your weight
- and even boost your mood!
Home Pilates Personal Training Therapeutic Massage Blog About Reviews Contact Privacy
©2019 Pro Fitness Network All Rights Reserved